Welcome to the website of the Black Ice Hockey & Sports Hall of Fame Society. The organization was established as a not for profit organization on May 27, 2009 in the Province of Nova Scotia. The mandate of the organization is to promote awareness of the roles played by Blacks in Hockey and other notable sports.
The Black Ice Hockey and Sports Hall of Fame Society’s (BIS) mission is:
• To research and acknowledge the achievements of black athletes
• To promote and preserve the lost history of the Colored Hockey League of the Maritimes 1895-1930.
• To hold educational and informational conferences that brings together persons interested in the history and struggles of people of color in sports.
• To host inductions of athletes, researchers, and writers of black history
• To lay the foundation for a permanent Black Ice Hockey and Sports Hall of Fame, in Nova Scotia.
It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of one of our founding members, Mrs. Olive (CLYKE) Jackson, Secretary, Executive Board of Directors, on Saturday, December 7, 2013 in Halifax, N.S. Olive is survived by husband Wilfred Jackson, son Omri (Valerie), and a very large family who love and will miss Olive tremendously!
Send us your history and information on the Colored Hockey League and Blacks In Hockey